This is the first post in our Tech Tweaking website – TechTweaker.com. And the first time I use WordPress. So I hope this will be a great welcome post.
As a newbie for WordPress, which is a great and effective CMS, I had to learn so many things. Like everybody else, the main resource I had, was Google. When I was searching around this came into my mind, ” Why don’t I dedicate my fist post to Google?” to salute for the great support.
And there was another thing in my mind – I have noticed, so many people do not know how to use this amazing friend effectively. They just type some phase and expect that Google will understand their minds. Just stop that! Get the spirit of Google, and make your life easy.
Let’s come back to the topic. Here I give you 25+ tips and trick to improve the accuracy of your searches. Read them carefully, you will be amazed what Google is capable of. So how to use Google search more effectively?
1. Normal search
domain name yahoo
2. Use left side panel and click on “More” to choose content category.
3. Use left side panel and click on “More search tools” to filter results
4. Use Google “Advanced Search” facility. You can see a link at the bottom of the page to navigate it.
5. Use ‘Google Real-Time Search’ for real-time updates. (Temporarily disabled.)
6. Use quotation marks
"domain name yahoo"
7. Use + to search must contain words or phrases
domain name +yahoo
8. Use – to negate unnecessary words or phrases
car insurance -online
9. Search for a specific file type
history of Insurance filetype:pdf
10. Negate a specific file type
pictures of dolphins -filetype:jpg
11. Search definition of a word
12. Search similar Words and synonyms
Recovery Software ~Mortgage
13. Search specific word/phrase OR another
"Insurance Claim" OR Attorney Attorney | Lawyer
14. If you can’t remember the exact phase or word, use wildcard
Let’s say you want to search “The One That Got Away” by Tim McGraw but can’t remember exact lyrics. You can use * with the parts you remember.
the one that * Tim
15. Search for every given word in a URL
16. Search one word in the URL and other words in anywhere in the document – can be in the title (no space between ‘inurl:’ and the following word)
17. Search for every given word in a title
18. Search one word in the title and other words in anywhere in the document – can be in the title
Note: No space between ‘intitle:’ and the following word
(Please go to the next page to continue reading)